Monday, August 6, 2012

Classroom Tour 2010


This is my classroom as of September, 2010.  I was off on maternity leave for the 2011-2012 school year, so these are my most recent photos of a classroom set-up.  Once my classroom is ready for me to go back in and get set up, I'll post new pictures.  I want to make some changes to my room this year!  My main colour theme will remain, but I have some fun plans!  Stay tuned!

View from the main door. The black paper on the top is used to display student artwork.
I would like to move the guided reading table to a different spot for 2012-2013. 
Part of my library.  The 25 empty plastic bins were used without the lids as the students' reading boxes.

Small group table and teacher desk (and a bunch of mess on the back counter!)
More of the library, and word work drawers.  I will re-purpose these
drawers this year and store my word work differently.

Math manipulatives and toys
Magnetic Word Wall and white board: I had all of my word wall words printed onto magnetic paper.  I love the ease of just adding the words like that, and the fact that it's on a white board means that I can easily write additional words with white board markers!
Teacher Desk and Computer.  
Daily schedule board.  (Created with Boardmaker)
I hope you enjoyed my first grade classroom tour. I'm looking forward to changing some things for this year and sharing some photos with you! 

My goals: 
1) Get more natural boxes/baskets
2) Add another accent colour
3) Reorganize Word Work
4) Install a Reading Loft
5) Rearrange room for a better placement of guided reading table
6) Eliminate Clutter

No comments:

Post a Comment